MY FIRST INFECTION ;(

Standard

Ladies and Gentlemen, the day has finally arrived. For the first time in my brewing experience I have managed to brew an infected beer. It seems that between transferring beer in my casks and racking into secondary, some unwanted critters came along. After a few days, my batch of Earl Wit looked like an alien eye stressfully starring at me!

AH!!!!!

Once I discovered this bad boy, I thought it was a good time to use the information I picked up at a wine making class. I threw in about 3 teaspoons of potassium metabisulfite into the carboy and gave it a good shake. It seemed to knock out the growing micro organism, but things definitely looked weird

infection 1 week after potassium sulfite addition

I just kegged this batch up and put it on today! I’ll post a tasting soon

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s